Congratulations on the purchase of your new cabinetry. Here you will find instructions for proper cleaning, door adjustments, and Carter's Cabinetry Warranty. We are glad to have you as our customer and with your help, your cabinets will look like new for many years to come.
How to Care for your Cabinetry
Listed below are instructions on how to properly clean your cabinetry. We strongly recommend that you follow these instructions and use only the recommended cleaning products.
Do not use abrasives or harsh chemicals.
- CABINETRY INTERIOR : Use only mild soap or detergent and water with a damp cloth and wipe dry.
- WOOD DOORS : Should be treated like furniture. Water and other liquids may cause stains, if left standing. A damp cloth with water only is recommended; follow with a dry cloth. Murphy's Oil Soap may also be used occasionally.
Wood Door Darkening and Dimensional Changes:
Remember that all woods naturally darken with age. There is no preventative for this process and it should be accepted as part of the wood's natural character. Sunlight also plays a role, and woods subjected to prolonged direct sunlight will darken faster. Since wood is a naturally porous material, it will absorb and release moisture, causing unavoidable swelling and shrinkage. This can cause dimensional changes and in larger pieces, can result in minor warping. These dimensional changes are often related to changing seasons, and may reverse themselves.
- PAINTED DOORS: Painted components should be treated like furniture. Water and other liquids may cause stains, if left standing. A damp cloth and mild soap are recommended for periodic maintenance. Wipe with a dry cloth.
- THERMOFOIL DOORS : Use only mild soap and warm water. Abrasives will damage the hard finish coat. Heat can also damage Thermofoil. When self-cleaning your oven, please make sure to open doors and drawers located next to the oven; this will help prevent the Thermofoil from lifting around the edges of doors and drawer fronts. Excessive heat will cause the thermofoil to delaminate from the doors and drawer fronts.
- LAMINATE DOORS, MELAMINE DOORS AND LAMINATE COUNTERTOPS : To clean the surface, use a damp cloth or sponge and a mild soap or detergent. Difficult stains can be removed by using a mild household cleaner/detergent and a soft bristled brush, repeating as necessary. If stain persists, use a paste of baking soda and water on a soft bristled brush for 10 to 20 strokes. For stubborn stains, use undiluted bleach or nail polish remover. Apply the bleach or nail polish remover to the stain and let stand NO MORE THAN 1 1/2 MINUTES (warning: prolonged exposure of the laminate surface to bleach will cause discoloration). Rinse several times with warm water on a damp cloth and dry with a clean soft cloth. If spot seems to be fading and the color of the laminate has not been affected, repeat above steps. Always rinse laminate surfaces after cleaning. Failure to rinse after cleaning is the single greatest cause of damage to a laminate surface. Laminate may also need occasional dusting. To keep the surface beautiful, use Countertop Magic, which can be purchased at Home Depot or Lowes. Countertop Magic will also help hide fine scratches in the surface. Never place hot pots or pans directly from the oven or burner on an unprotected countertop. Do not cut directly on a laminate countertop; instead, use a cutting board.
- METAL LAMINATE : Use only mild soap and warm water on a soft cloth. Dry with a clean soft cloth.
- CULTURED MARBLE TOP : Use Windex on a soft cloth or sponge. May use car wax yearly, if necessary.
- CORIAN TOPS AND SINKS : For everyday cleaning, use a mild soap or detergent and warm water. You may use a sponge with Soft Scrub cleanser for sinks. Hopes Countertop polish may also be used occasionally to enhance shine, and can be purchased at Lowes or Home Depot. Don't cut directly on a Corian top. Always run cold water when pouring boiling water into a Corian sink. Don't set hot cookware directly on a Corian top or into a Corian sink. If you have questions regarding our Corian products, call 1-800-4CORIAN (426-7426).
- SILESTONE TOPS & SINKS : For everyday cleaning you can use a mild soap or detergent and warm water. You may also use Windex. Do not cut directly on Silestone surface. Do not set hot pots or pans directly onto Silestone surface or into your Silestone sink.
- GRANITE AND MARBLE TOPS : Granite and marble are natural products; no two pieces are identical. Variations in tone and veining are common, as are minor variations in thickness. Seams and fissures in product surface will be visible. Use mild soap and hot water. You can also use Stone Soap, which can be purchased at most tile stores and also Home Depot. A sealer should be applied once every 3 years, which will prevent penetration into the stone and at the same time allow the stone to breathe. The sealer can be purchased from a granite & marble shop. You can cut directly on granite and marble, however do not cut in the same area all the time, or the area may become worn. Hot pots and pans up to 900 degrees can be placed directly on granite, but hot pots and pans placed on marble may cause discoloration.
- DOOR ADJUSTMENTS : Periodically, you may need to tighten a loose or out of adjustment door due to everyday use. This is normal. Use these simple diagrams and instructions as a guide. If you have any questions, please call us.
- DOOR ADJUSTMENT INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Door to Cabinet Attachment
2. Hinge to Door Attachment
|3. Three way Independent Adjustment
This adjustment involves two screws, one to the top and one to the bottom of the clip. Loosen the screws slightly and then lift or lower the door until it is in the position you want. Re-tighten the screws to secure the door.
Use these two screws to adjust the height of the doors and/or align the tops of the doors.
Use this screw to adjust how far out or in the doors are in comparison to your cabinet and to the other cabinet doors and drawers surrounding it. Loosen the screw and manually push or pull the door to adjust it. Re-tighten the screw when the door is in the position you want.
Use this screw to bring to door into alignment with neighboring cabinet doors/drawers.
SIDE TO SIDE ADJUSTMENT
Using a phillips head screwdriver, turn the adjustment screw clockwise and counterclockwise to move the door--the direction of turn and it's effect is dependent on which the side of the door the hinge is attached.
On a door with a RIGHT SIDE HINGE:
Turn the screw CLOCKWISE to move the door to the RIGHT
Turn the screw COUNTERCLOCKWISE to move the door to the LEFT
On a door with a LEFT SIDE HINGE:
Turn the screw CLOCKWISE to move the door to the LEFT
Turn the screw COUNTERCLOCKWISE to move the door to the RIGHT
Use this screw to adjust the gap between doors, walls and other cabinets for parallel alignment
Now you should be all straight!
Carter's Cabinetry Warranty :
What is covered : At Carter's Cabinetry, we take pride in our quality and craftsmanship and we stand behind the products that we manufacture. Every Carter's custom cabinet carries a lifetime-limited warranty for the original owner on construction, hinges, and drawer rails. During the first 12 months after installation of your cabinetry, we will repair or replace any defective materials free of charge. After the first year, we will repair or replace any defective materials at our standard hourly service rate with a 1-hour minimum, billed in 1/4 hour increments after the first hour
Some of our components are manufactured for us and we are proud to pass the manufacturer's warranty on to you:
- Kemper Products - Lifetime
- Aristokraft Products - 5 years
- Thermofoil Doors - 5 years
- Wood Doors - 1 year
- Silestone - 10 years
- Corian Laminate - 10 years
- Tops Cultured - 1 year
- Marble - 1 year
- Granite (Workmanship) - 1 year
What is not covered : This warranty does not cover deterioration due to normal wear and tear, and does not cover perceived defects due to the natural characteristics of wood, which may cause some variation in the finish, or appearance of the product. Also not covered is repair or replacement due to negligence, accidental damage, water damage, or failure to follow maintenance procedures and instructions.
We hope you enjoy your cabinetry for many years to come.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to call us at 386-677-4192.
You may also contact us through this Website.